Friday, March 11, 2011

Mother Nature Unleashes Her Wrath

Watching the news this morning, it occurred to me how much we joke about Mother Nature never realizing how deadly she can be.  Japan is one of my most favorite countries to visit.  I love the culture and the people and the hustle and bustle of Tokyo.  Seeing the devastation this morning broke my heart.  All those lives lost, all that damage, all because Mother Nature decided to reign down on Japan for no other reason than she was there.  Tsunamis are dangerous animals, this one was more deadly than most.

The United States fared much better thank God!

But my heart goes out to all those that lost loved ones and their entire lives in the blink of an eye.

2 comments:

  1. The videos I've seen are absolutely amazing and heartbreaking at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alisa and I have been watching footage together since last week and we are devasted anew each time we see a new clip.

    T, in Australia with the koalas, wrote an excellent post about this on the other site.

    ReplyDelete