Friday, March 4, 2011

The First Day Of Many

Starting a new life is rarely easy, but it can be rewarding if you but allow it to be.  As I sit here in my office listening to the hustle and the bustle of a typical Friday in transportation, I am reminded of where I was when I started my previous blog. 

Back then, January of 2008, I was sitting in my home office, in tears, missing a great love and trying to figure out how I would ever survive without him.  No, he really didn't "leave" me, but he had just moved 1000 miles away and I was heartbroken.  So what did I do?  I wrote about our first date.  It made me feel closer to him. 

And you know what else?  Writing about it made me feel better. 

I really didn't start seriously blogging for about  a year and a half after that, but I did ocassionally allow the power of posting my words to help me through some very difficult times.  And then the writing bug really hit me and I devoted a good amount of time to it.  I never did have one set course for my writing.  It was always about what I felt like at that moment.

I think back and laugh at how many times some of us would be talking and say "Now that would make a great blog post!"  Sometimes there is nothing better than the power of the written word. 

I met life long friends in that far far away Blogland and for that I will always be grateful. 

So today I start my journey in this "new" Blogland, silently hoping that I will come to love it as much as I used to. 

I figure if I am sitting in an office again (albeit a different one) and pondering all sorts of things, it bodes well for this new blog of mine. 

8 comments:

  1. I am glad you are off to a good start.

    Or, as our friend Smarty said: Yikes, Red is ahead of me.

    Bubbles said: She's not playing aroud.

    I'm on a search, myself. I don't even know what it is supposed to bring me.

    But if it gives me half as much as what I got before: Great friends....I'll be really happy.

    Glad to be your first post! I rock. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah!!! I love that you are my first comment!

    And I think 2011 is going to be THE year for us. Or if nothing else, a year of many changes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's OK. I like being second. Great post and I agree that this new adventure will be very good for all of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smarty, this will be a great "new" home for all of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smarty, do you promise it wil be good?

    Like I just said, I don't want to deal with any more sad. I act all tough, but I'm a big whimp when it comes to some things!

    Not a chicken. Just a whimp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If all that ever happens here is that I get to laugh so hard I'm crying as I'm writing my latest blog post... like tonight, then goddamn I'll be estastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah but re-read this First Post and you'll see that you already have things off to a great start...but hey that could just me thinking about the blog about blogging I wrote last night...haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, Rob, I guess I will have to check out your post from last night, eh?

    I am liking my new home. DO you like the colors?

    ReplyDelete