Monday, March 14, 2011

I Believe . . . . .

I believe . . . .

That our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for who we become.

I believe . . . .

That no matter how good a friend is, they're going to hurt you every once in a while and you must forgive them for that.

I believe . . . .

That just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, it doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

I believe . . . .

That you should always leave loved ones with loving workds.  It may be the last time you see them.

I believe . . . . .

That either you control your attitude or it controls you.

I believe . . . . . .

That money is a lousy way of keeping score.

I believe . . . . .

That sometimes when I'm angry, I have the right to be angry, but that doesn't give me the right to be cruel.

I believe . . . .

That it isn't always enough to be forgiven by others.  Sometimes you have to learn to forgive yourself.

I believe . . . . .

That no matter how bad your heart is broken the world doesn't stop for your grief.

I believe . . . . . .

That the people you care about most in life are taken from you much too soon.

I believe . . . . .

That life is more precious that money will ever be able to be.

9 comments:

  1. First, I love this whole post.

    But this part stood out:

    I believe . . . . .

    That no matter how bad your heart is broken the world doesn't stop for your grief.

    I know.

    That's why I decided to give up grief for Lent. To remind myself that the world won't stop because I have a broken heart and refuse to admit it.

    Crap. I just admitted it. Out loud. In type.

    I believe that I absolutely love you and am glad we are friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "That sometimes when I'm angry, I have the right to be angry, but that doesn't give me the right to be cruel."

    I think there always should be an exception to this rule.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Bubbles: I love you too and I am so glad we are friends!!!

    @ Smarty: There is never an excuse for intentional cruelty in my book, but whatever floats your boat. Whatever makes you happy! Whatever helps you sleep at night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a time when Ben / Smarty is not of one mind. I agree with Red.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is S. I was thinking of one particular person in this life where the "wish them well, but wish them gone" adage doesn't work. Cruel and unusual punishment is necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe all of these words...thanks for sharing.



    I believe . . . .

    That just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, it doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! The one I struggle with the most is:

    "That it isn't always enough to be forgiven by others. Sometimes you have to learn to forgive yourself."

    ReplyDelete
  8. I believe....

    This was a beautiful and simply amazing post. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "That just because someone doesnt love you the way you want them to, it doesnt mean they don't love you with all they have"

    I felt this one as I read it....like the words turned into a big bear hug...the kind that is warm and comforting, but maybe squeezes the heart a little too tightly because of it's raw truth. How can something be so comforting, yet still so painful at the same time?

    ReplyDelete