Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Chopped Champion's Champion

Madison won!!!  And I couldn't be more thrilled.  Anyone who knows me knows I love Food Network and "Chopped" is one of my favorite shows.  But today was special because they had the $50,000.00 championship cook off between 16 winners.  It was brutal.

I adored Madison when he won the first time.  He has been homeless on two continents, is Jamaican by birth, married to a Danish woman, and his daughter is the light of his life.  He is humble and exudes sincerity and honesty.

When he won, they brought out his daughter and I watched him hug her and tear up.  Hell, I teared up as did Alex Guarnaschelli.  I was in very good company.

But what I loved the most was his parting line.  "I showed my daughter today that it's not what you say, but what you do."

2 comments:

  1. Oh!

    Did you see that he has a food blog?

    http://www.yumyum-eatemup.com/

    And what is this thing I just read about: A global clandestine dining club. He runs it, whatever it is.

    I need to find out what this is. And he's in NYC?

    As for his parting line: I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like this guy is a wunderkind in the food world. I'm checking him out!

    ReplyDelete